A pure WW1 Royal Flying Corps Aerodrome.
Opened in 1916 when 48Sqn arrived from Netheravon. 38TS (Training Squadron) was formed by August 1916 and the site started to develop with hangars along the road and a domestic site to the fields in the north east.
1918 42 TDS (training Depot Station) was formed in Aug. 1918, and six 1915 pattern flight sheds had been constructed. It closed around 1920.

Main entrance RFC Rendcombe, Gloucester
Home | Richard@ | Support@ | GuestBook | Mailing list | Updates | Links

19 October 2004

Search Google Search