|
INFORMATION:
Two
of the six now four C hangars. Inset a light aircraft struggling
to fly into a strong head wind.
History : in
1947 the station passed to Fighter Command (No.11 Group), and in
1950 to No.21 Group, Flying Training Command. In 1962 control passed
to No 38 Group, Transport Command. 1975 TC left and in the Search
And Rescue Squadron with Whirlwind Helicopters. They left in 1976.
By the end of 1972 the station closed. In 1982 the Royal Artillery
took over and they continue to use the base today.
|